Team, i have a Jira instance running that i need to migrated to new server.
I wasn't involved in installation and need to take the Jira DB and and import it on new server where i added Jira version we are entitled for (same version 8.7 on both servers).
Checking DBconfig.xml i see <database-type>h2</database-type>
This to me indicates propriatery H2 DB format use (normaly for evaluation) for production purpose.
Now - hopefully the background is enough, how to migrate, if we know this rather non-standard form ?
Question 1 - is there a way to transfer the H2 onto new server where yet no Jira DB is open ? I can click "I'll set up myself" but the dropdown does not include H2, so i can't take the .xml backup of the DB for import.
Question 2 - if no way to transfer H2, would the MS SQL be optimal given it is already running other DB's on that new server ?
Thanks.