That means linking between JIRA and confluence couldn't be possible if the version of JIRA is above 4.3 . Iam linking 5.0.2 JIRA version with 4.2 Confluence .Is this support?
Hi there,
It seems that the Server URL inputted is incorrect. Could you please double check your configured "JIRA server Base URL".
Hope it helps.Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
ya I have checked it the URL is correct .Can u suggest me any other way of linking JIRA users and groups with confluence.
If your JIRA is running on 4.3 and above, unfortunately there are no other way
Yes, it is supported with the configuration that you did on the screenshot. However the above screenshot also describe that the configuration is incorrect.
You would need to ensure that JIRA is indeed accessible with the mentioned URL: http://localhost:8080
Could you please provide us the full browser screenshot (URL Bar included) of your JIRA instance
ya iam sending u that screen shot and i also have a doubt, iam linking JIRA to confluence then what is abot Crown User management Service?
Confluence considered JIRA and Crowd user management as the same directory, hence the same ERROR. But basically the reason behind is the same, Confluence does not recognize the provided URL as a valid JIRA/Crowd user management
then how to resolve this issue no other way to link jira and confluence.
In order to fix the issue, we would need to ensure that the configuration and the steps necessary which is mentioned here is already done correctly
We highly recommend you to create a support ticket on our support channel, we would be more than happy to help you integrate Confluence with JIRA user management
I have gone through the link here we have
with out crown cant we link up the jira and confluence ?Is necessary to download crown ?
yes , I have created account in support and I iam viewing the link you have posted to me I will try it .Thanks for ur In time response
Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing JIRA.
What application name we need to use?Iam not having clarity what the above line specifies.
As mentioned on the documentation. You don't need to download and install Crowd to connect Confluence to JIRA.
Its configured by you. After you configured the application name and password on JIRA, Confluence will use this name and credential to access JIRA
In JIRA I have setup the Application name and password the same I am giving in Confluence User directories but it is showing the same Crowd Error.My doubt is we can give any Application name in Jira in Users section of JIRA USER SERVER.
Hi,
As Mentioned earlier, the above ERROR means that the URL is not recognize by Confluence as a JIRA URL. If the issue is for example, wrong configuration on credential and application name, the ERROR message would be different as it would say something like "Not Authenticated".
Could you please provide me your JIRA screenshot with the URL bar.
Again, I think it would be a great idea to create a support ticket so that I could review all your logs and information confidentially.
Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
yes, Iam uploading screenshot for saved Application Name in JIRA with url.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.