Hi,
I've just done a OpsGenie to JSD integration. Our use case for JSD is that we have a number of external customers sandboxed by organisation serviced by one central support team. We use project automation to set ticket priority based on impact/urgency.
Issues I've found with the OpsGenie integration
- Updates it makes in comments are customer facing
- You can't seem to trigger the webhook using the new "project automation". It does work in the legacy "automation". This means having automation in different places.
- Incidents don't get auto assigned to the person acknowledging the alert
In the end, I did a direct webhook integration to the alerts API to meet my needs but I was surprised how poor the OpsGenie/JSD integration is one year after acquisition. Having had experience with ServiceNow and PagerDuty, their integration there is far superior. I did also try ServiceNow and OpsGenie which also seemed better than what the JSD/OpsGenie integration can handle.
What are your thoughts? Am I missing some magic to make this work more effectively?