We have a choice of staying on PostgreSQL database for Jira 8.6.1 or move to MS SQL server, which one do you guys prefer if given choice.
@Vijay_Ganji
Postgresql!
Hi @Vijay_Ganji
If there is a choice, I always prefer the same platform (OS, Java, database, etc) the application provider uses for development. I call these tier one platform elements as they are most often what the provider's development and support staff are most familiar with. This frequently translates into better application stability and performance plus faster turn-around for support issues.
In this particular case
Hope this helps and if it does, please click the "Accept Answer" button so others searching for this info see the "answered" flag in their search results.
Cheers!
Thank you Repi, Do you have few reasons from your experience why, so i can tell my management and recommend PostgreSQL
Most important reason, postgresql is not from microsoft.
Postgresql is probably cheaper than mssql
https://www.datacamp.com/community/blog/sql-differences
https://www.trustradius.com/compare-products/postgresql-vs-sql-server
Thank you Repi and Larry,
I think we have some direction on this.
Great to have this community
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.