Can you add a hyperlink to JIRA description and/or comment area?
If so how do you do it correctly.
Thanks
Yes you. Both of the JIRA system fields you mention above uses the JIRA Wiki Renderer which has many fun formatting you can choose from! Take a read below.
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all
In the "LINKS" section, you will have to use:
[http://jira.atlassian.com] [Atlassian|http://atlassian.com]
thank you!!!
When I try to send a link like as suggested for the 'description, field while creating a JIRA ticket through a R script,
library(httr)x <- list(fields = list(project = c(key = "TEST"), summary = "New Issue Ticket Created", description = "[Issue Doc|http://sharepointsite.com/folder/filname.ext]", issuetype = c(name = "Task"), assignee = c(name = assigneeUsrName) ) )response <- POST("https://somecompany.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/", body = RJSONIO::toJSON(x), authenticate("usrName","pwd", "basic"), add_headers("Content-Type" = "application/json"), verbose())
I only see the text in the description field instead of a hyperlink.
[Issue Doc|http://sharepointsite.com/folder/filname.ext]
What am I missing here?
Same issue, if I put custom links and not web links, it only displays a text.
The problem occurs in IE. Create the links in Chrome and everything works fine.
I use Chrome and have the issue.
Same here.
I have found if the link is really long, it doesn't seem to work, so i go to tinyurl.com and get a shorter URL and I've tried multiple time, and it has worked every time.
For example:
[link title|https://tinyurl.com/y6qgdnfm]
Seeing the same here in 7.13. Is this a newish bug? It seems like it used to work. And is it fixed in some 8.X?
Not working in any browser...any suggestion?
I am having the same issues. Most likely related to this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72071
We need this fixed. My issues are coming from when we have a '%20' in the url.
Hi,
Is this really solved? in which version? I cannot see it working in our instance.
Thanks,
This still doesn't work on Chrome. As the webpage loads I see a hyperlink but the moment it renders it returns to text i.e [text|hyperlink.com]
click on the 'Text' (not visual) tab under the textbox and ensure that the format is correct. You will probably see this
[text|[hyperlink.com]]
fix it to fit this format:
[text|hyperlink.com]
Then it should work.
If it's not working click on the 'Text' (not visual) tab under the textbox and ensure that the format is correct. You will probably see this
If your text is as short as "text" and your link is as short as "hyperlink.com", it will probably work. For cases with longer text and longer links (especially if either or both wrap). . .see the comments above.
This was the issue for me... it should not appear this way in visual mode so it is still a bug that needs to be fixed.
In my case in jira 8.5.5 <a href="url">link text</a> worked.
I mistakenly updated Description in Custom field - Edit (field) whereas it must be done on Field Configuration level since current custom field have been already created some time ago and was used by several projects.
@Richard Navarro I inspected the text and seems to show correctly as:
Could you please elaborate on how to get to the "Text" tab under the textbox? I am not seeing that in Jira ticket.
I have tried both via API and direct on UI to add a link as suggested:
[Atlassian|http://atlassian.com]
but it never works in any browser. I have tried 2 different recent Jira versions.
What am I missing?
@Richard Navarro Thanks, that workaround works.
But @Atlassainadmin - I mean, really?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.