How do I add all users from Jira to a specific group?
The solution has to work with ancient Jira, like 3.10.x !
If you browse to the instance admin panel, they select the group. There will be a link named "Edit Members" if you press it you will see a small image/icon of 3 figures (the user browser pop-up) in order to press this you will need to have the "Browse Users" permission.
The user pop-up gives you the option to select all the users you want and add them at once.
Does this works even if I have 2000 users?
Hi sorin,
You can use Jelly Scripts to automate this by creating a special script.
There is a tag named "AddUserToGroup" that you can use for that. More information you can find here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jira:AddUserToGroup
I hope that will help you.
Regards,
Mirek
It worked with 900 users, doing it in batches of 100
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.