Hi,
I needed to add some custom fields and was advised to get the server version, which I did. Turns out for this to work I needed to enter our own SMTP details, which I also did but they don't seem to work. What can I do?
Custom fields have little to do with the version, and even less to do with SMTP servers.
Instead of guessing what might be wrong, could you give us a full picture. Assuming the goal really is "add some custom fields", then tell us what type of fields they are and why you can't do it via admin -> custom fields -> add(Also, why do you think you need the version or SMTP servers, although answering that is more my curiousity on how you ended up in such a wrong place)
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields/server/overview
I followed that link. That's the link that told me I needed to get the server version.
Sorry, I probably didn't explain fully. So when I got the server version, I had to start inviting people(participants), so unfortunately, they weren't receiving email notifications. There are two options, "Create Users" and "Invite Users". On Invite Users you have to enter SMTP details for them to receive email notifications. When you choose Create Users they don't receive notifications. That's where I'm stuck.
Right, the add-on is a red-herring, as are the custom fields.
When you set up a server version, you need to give it an email server to work with to send emails. You'll need to talk to your mail admins to get the right settings set up, unless you already have an email account you want to send from.
Yes, that's what I'm trying to say. It seem the SMTP credentials I am entering aren't working. In other words I can't use the system if it can't send email notifications. Basically, all I need is:
1) outgoing SMTP;
2) email, username and password.
I have entered all these but I am getting errors when I try to save.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.