Any idea how to disable a 'feature' in confluence.
When I type jira, the editor changes it into capital letters 'JIRA'.the problem is that we have a domain name jira.xyz.com, which is capitalized into JIRA.xyz.com.
Are there other 'side' effects like this built into the editor ?
Hallo Francis
You can disable the autoformatting entirely, for all types of autoformatting, by editing the settings in your user profile. The docs describe how to do it:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+User+Settings#EditingUserSettings-EditorPreferences
I've just tested it, and the JIRA rewrite is performed by autoformatting (not autocomplete).
You can also cancel the autoformat immediately when it happens, by pressing Ctrl+Z (or Cmd+Z).
FYI, as Lucas mentioned, the autoformatting doesn't happen for me either when the word "jira" is part of a URL.
I hope this helps!
Cheers, Sarah
Hi Francis,
I failed to replicate this behavior on a hyperlink. As a workaround, you can skip this auto-formating rule writing it as "{{jira}}" instead of "jira". Hence, I don't know about other auto-formatting rules like this one nor if there is a way to disable this feature.
Best regards,Lucas Timm
I was not trying to put it in an URL, but in a comment about what the target domain name should look like.
Thanks - both answers look equally good.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.