How do I check the version of Jira or Confluence from command line? I use ansible to install the application and I like to determine the version already running before pushing a install of same version again. Also I like ansible to tell me the version you are running is higher than the one you are trying to install. Also I like ansible to tell me the version you are trying to install is higher than the one you are running and ask me if I want to upgrade. I have two ansible roles. One for install and one for upgrade.
Thanks
OK, so essentially I think pom.properties file under installation dir has the version info. Wanted to see if anyone has better option to find version from terminal.
I were able to get version number using the following commands in my environment
[root@jira ~]# find /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/ -type f -name pom.properties | xargs grep -h version[root@confuence ~]# find /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/ -type f -name pom.properties | xargs grep -h version
Hello @[deleted]and welcome to our Community!
You can get the version from the status of the process
I found another way to check version for jira by running bin/version.sh but for confluence running bin/version.sh does not show version. confluence does not show version from status message either.
Updated the body of the question to add Confluence in there
Oh, that is a nice way. Have you tried getting the version from the status?
Confluence does not show version from status
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.