I'm implementing a help desk in JIRA where I have two drop downs - both 'single value select' forCategory and Sub-category.
For example, I have following Categories:
- Content Development
- Events
- Design
And each category has a list of sub-categories within them. For example, Design will have following list of options
- Event Collateral
- Branding
- Business Cards
By default, ONLY Category dropdown should be displayed on the CREATE ISSUE screen. When user selects one of the categories, corresponding sub-category drop-down should be displayed on the CREATE ISSUE screen AND that sub-category dropdown should be MANDATORY field.
I looked up for possible solution at the following links:
The first two links basically suggests the same solution - that is to put a JAVASCRIPT in the description field of the custom field and the same is suggested on many other blogs on this issue. They all give this very same example.
However this is not working for me. When I put any JAVASCRIPT in the description of the custom-field, it runs immediately upon saving - on the Field Configuration screen. For example, I just put a following JAVASCRIPT in the description and I got the alert right away (on the Field Configuration screen).
<script type="text/javascript">
alert('hi');
</script>
However, I do not get any alert on the CREATE ISSUE screen. So, not sure if I am missing anything here. Please advise if I'm looking in the right direction.
The 3rd link, suggests to create a plugin from the JIRA machine. However, I do not have access to that machine, I just have admin access to JIRA.
Is there any feasible way to achieve it via default JIRA configurations/external plugins which are ready-to-use?
My JIRA version is: 6.1.4
Regards,
Rumit