I installed the Bitbucket server maybe a month ago, using it privately only for my test / sample projects.
Instead of using the default path for the repository I used a folder on my OneDrive. Recently I have noticed that my OneDrive is constantly syncing, and today when I finally looked into it I was surprised to see 2 file in the log folder, each at 9.5GB , and worst of all, one of them was changing even when there was not activity.
I have now reinstalled BitBucket, using the default path instead of OneDrive. But why does it generate 2 huge files like this (it seems related to the elastic server - now sure what that is)
And question is - how can I disable logging, and what is elastic search, is it something I need ?
Thanks
Update - after having it running overnight, with no activity, the elasticsearch has produced 113GB !!! of logs. crazylog.png
Any suggestions of how to disable this (orther than disable the service) ?