Hi,
I am getting this error at the top of the add-on system/ manager.
The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.
The only error in the browser I am getting is a 404 to this URL.
www.url.com/jira/rest/nav-links-analytics-data/1.0/?_=1389080711670
I can't install any add-ons.
Any clue as to what can be wrong?
Scott
I've fixed the issue by simply re-installing everything on the server from scratch and NOT installing Plesk. If you have Plesk and also Nginx set up as an http proxy, Jira's add-on system just doesn't work properly. I had a very experienced server guru also try his hand at getting the set-up to work and NO-GO. He said the problem is Plesk. So, just a word of warning.
Hi Scott,
Can you actually see the page and upload your addons?
Or do you simply get a 404 page if you click on Manage Add-ons?
Best regards,
Peter
This is what I am seeing and the 404 comes from the URL being called from this page. I am not even sure it has anything to do with the problem.
Sorry, rereading I can see how this is confusing. I see the 404, when I inspect the page, when it loads.
I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting guide in here.
It is highly possible this is caused by one of the issue mentioned in the guide.
Thanks Jing. I pinged both "marketplace.atlassian.com" and "dq1dnt4af4eyy.cloudfront.net" and both pinged fine.
I don't see any other tips to follow, when the ping works.
Any other suggestions?
On an off note. This kind of error is a usability/ programming issue too. The software knows exactly why it is throwing the error and thus it should also report its reasons for throwing the error in the error message. That information would help the customer find answers themselves and not have to come to support with a very vague occurance of an error. And if the customer doesn't find the answer, it would help the support team give it to them.
Just food for thought.
Edit: and the "www.url.com" above in the 404ed URL is a replacement of my own jira URL.
Oh, one more thing. I am not sure the error is showing, because of issues with the marketplace connectivity or with my Jira server. I'd think it is the latter and why I mentioned the 404 url coming from the page rendering/ inspection.
Oh, and when I try to install an add-on with this problem, all I see is an overlay with "Installing "add-on name" and a rotating image. The function never times out and never says anything went wrong. To me, this is another usability issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.