e.g. in the result screen of custom fields, there are so many entries I have scroll the mouse all the way down to find it, same as many other result display. Really wish there is a filter on these pages.
Thanks
Jirong
I'm a bit confused as I cannot work out which part of JIRA you are looking at. I'd guess a "result screen" probably refers to the issue navigator when you run a filter, but you've added "of custom fields", which makes me think you mean something else (because the issue navigator is the result of a filter and just displays custom fields if you choose to do so, and whilst having too many can mean scrolling left/right to see them, up/down is paging through the issues, not fields)
Maybe if you gave us the url you are on when you're having the issue? (The relative url - like my-jira-server/jira/browse/XYZ-123) Or a screenshot?
I am working as an admin. Go to Issues --> Fields --> Custom Fields. There will be so many entries there. I would like to have a filter here.
Ah, the actual list of custom fields. If you are struggling on that page, then there's a good reason there's no filtering - it's not a good idea to have lots of custom fields. If you've gone over 100, it's time to take a serious look at why you've got so many. For long lists, a filter might be handy, but I can't see a huge demand for it - ctrl-f in the browser works for most. And for experienced Jira admins, a huge list is a bit of a red-flag that you've got a structural problem.
There are other places need this filter too, e.g. the list projects page, when we have over a hundred projects. There are other tools such as BuildForge provides this type of filter on every page when result is showing. To me, it's a must.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.