We are seting up Jira Service Desk to manage users service request. In order to ensure that the requester completes all necessary data when raising a request, it is mandatory that all the information that a particular service require, the user complets it in separated fields (instead of using the Description field for all of them).
As each service request has its own particular required information, I´d like to avoid creating a lot of custom fields. On Jira project side, agents could perfectly take all these information from one field text (for instance, the Description field), so i´m looking for a solution that show a kind of template with multiple fields on the user side, just to help him filling in all the required information, but once the issue is created all of them are "merged" onto the Description field.
I would appretiate if you could share with me your experiences if you had to deal with a similar scenario, and/or give me your opinion on how could I solve it (Using an add on is also a possibility).
Thank you!
Regards,
Mariano.