We have a new hire option on our portal and we'd like to include the name of the new hire on the ticket summary. Currently it's just called "New Hire" and we have to click and open the ticket to view details to see which one it is. Is there a way to simply include what the user fills in for the First and Last name field we created on the summary after "New Hire"?
I did something similar with the JIRA Scripting Suite plugin. In the "Create" step of the workflow add a post-function that calls a jython script. Have the script pull the value of the First and Last Name fields and add them to the issue summary. QED.
Out of the box, it's not possible. I looked into the above with JIRA Scripting, but also, I submitted a suggestion here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-522
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.