Hi community;
I'm new in the JIRA server and I need your help for a update a issue. But this issue need the information father, so firstly I need search the parent name, and I do this but the result is
null. I put my code. Thanks.
There exists a getParentObject() method in the Issue class - https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/Issue.html#getParentObject--
Edit - d'oh! - I see you're using it.
OK, so note that it'll return null if the issue in question is not a sub-task. Is SSCC2619-2 a sub-task?
Corect, SSCC2619-2 is not a subTask.
So how I can search the parent of this Task?
Because when I do a X issue I create this task, and I want to know how i can update this task when I modify the X issue parent ( For me parent)
Thanks @Payne !!!
If it's not a sub-task, then it has not parent as far as Jira is concerned. What is your definition of parent? How are the 2 issues related?
Yes, their are two issues related. So if the first issue change the second automatically change also.
This is possible in cloud but in server I don't know how I can do.
Thanks @Payne
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.