All in the title !
I delete the JIRA demonstration project because my user account do not was having access to it anymore after had play with groups and permission.
I can't find any place to re-place it.
Thanks for the help.
Yes, That was my first impression primary. I just still hope there is a flag somewhere on the database to desactivate or a code paragraph to comment in the page CreateDemoProject.jsp (that I don't know where it is) to allow create again that demo project.
Anyway, I'll try the import or recreate manually way, thanks a lot for help guys.
Access the URL http://yourserver/secure/CreateDemoProject.jspa?atl_token=<<pick_up_the_token_from_any_transition_button_on_view_screen>>
Thanks for answer.
I tried, Jira answered that "It appear you started to work with Jira, we can't create demonstration project for you".
Do you have another idea ?
I tried deleted and recreating with the URL and it appears to work fine. Two points:
Yes, i'm the owner of Jira but I do not find what u said about : pick_up_the_token_from_any_transition_button_on_view_screen so I launch URL without token like this : http://My Server/secure/CreateDemoProject.jspa?atl_token=
It asks for login and after show the error that I can't create demo project because I started to work with Jira.
There's no demo project, it has been deleted since it disappears from my user projects list just after having played with groups and roles (removed original groups like jira-developers, jira-administrators, ... and recreated ones that fit more my needs).
In the past, I changed in my database directly the demo project key also, but I do not think it's the problem because if I browser table dbo.project, the demo project is not present.
Looks like an internal counter (perhaps otehr projects), my test instance doesnt have a demo project either and Im not able to create it either.
To get the demo project:
1. Create a local standalone instance of JIRA (same version of course)
2. Create it with the demo project.
3. Do a Full site XML backup.
4. Do a selective import of the DEMO project into your main instance
Just verified, if there are any other projects already created, demo project creation is not allowed
The database entry looks like this:
dchan-jira522=# select * from propertyentry where property_key = 'jira.user.welcome.dismissed';
id | entity_name | entity_id | property_key | propertytype -------+----------------+-----------+-----------------------------+-------------- 10540 | ExternalEntity | 10 | jira.user.welcome.dismissed | 1 (1 row)
Is it not based on the popup window. The popup will still come, but the createdemoproject page will fail if there are already other projects created.
I comfirm it; do not work, still forbidden.
I created a test account on JIRA Cloud just to create the said demo project. Then in Cloud's Backup Manager, I selected "Create Backup for Server", after which the download prompted for credentials and it took me a bit before I realized my username was "admin" (providing my email address for downloading was rejected). But next, in my Server instance, it didn't want to do a selective import, throwing "The file '/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira-TEST-PLAYGROUND-backup-20160829.zip' is not a valid JIRA backup", probably related to this limitation:
You cannot import a project directly from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server — the importer will display errors about version mismatches. If you want to restore a project from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server, follow the steps below:Install a new JIRA instance (in addition to the one that you want to import your project into). This will be a temporary instance that is used to store a full JIRA import from JIRA Cloud. ...
You cannot import a project directly from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server — the importer will display errors about version mismatches. If you want to restore a project from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server, follow the steps below:
Luckily, before even trying the steps in that link, I peeked into the demo project in my fresh Cloud trial, to see it's really only 17 stories with a total of 3 sub-tasks, plus 3 bugs.
So, the demo project is only 23 issues in total; don't even bother importing those.
Though I find the demo content quite disappointing (see my previous comment) I just ran into two ways to create the sample data, even multiple times, on 7.2 server.
First option, only for Scrum or Kanban: just create a new Board.
This gets one the "New project with board" wizard.
Now curious why I couldn't create the same using Projects: it's actually there as well.
So, second option, including a test project for Project management:
This will get one the same wizard, allowing for Scrum software development, Kanban software development, and also for Project management.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.