Could you please let me know, how can I access JIRA Rest API by impersonating a user request. A request from user should go to a service. Service should use admin rights to access API and fetch the details.
There is no impersonation function.
I am trying to achieve something like below.but failing. Please guide me.
Let's say User submits a request to create an issue in jira board. Since user doesn't have account in jira. I want to create a rest api which will receive the users request and then uses admin credentials and make a request to jira rest api to create an issue. This is what I am trying to achieve.
However, I am facing problems here. I have admin account in jira. When I login in browser I can see JSessionId. Now when I am passing my user name or email Id with password (which is my windows password) basic authencarion is failing.
Could you please be do kind to help me.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- could please guide me on this.
You need to decide who to log in as, and use that account (you'll lose the informaiton about who is raising it, of course, but at least you'll get something)
Your JSession is useless unless you've got SSO enabled.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.