I'm getting this error in the Confluence app log:
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS12, TLS11]".
Any thoughts on where the problem is? Is it the SQL Server that can't accept secure connections, or is the fault in Tomcat or the JRE? What is determining the "server selected protocol version"? Any direction would be great.
I'm running on Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014 (12.0.2000.8 (X64)), upgrading from Confluence server version 5.x to 7.4.0. The SQL Server is on the same server as Confluence. The database works fine from SQL Server Management Studio using the same username and password as configured for Confluence. I've applied the latest required Windows Updates + some optional .NET Framework updates. I've not yet applied the service packs for SQL Server 2014.