I am having a related issue. I am an admin and I have a user with a @verifieddomain1 email id and i want to change it to a @verifieddomain2 email id.
The only option seems to be that I click this 'suggest changes' button that I see on the user's profile page. I did that, user got an email with subject "Change your Atlassian account profile details". The email content is correct, there is a link to 'Change Details' with url https://id.atlassian.com/manage?suggestChangeDetails=true but when the user clicks on this, nothing happens. He goes to his profile page as usual, the email is still the old email id, and on his profile page, he cant change his email, there is a tooltip saying that his email id can be changed by an admin only (me).
I have no other way of getting the user to change their email. No luck with getting the user to visit https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email as well.
Does this mean the suggest changes feature is not rolled out fully for my JIRA instance and is somehow in an incomplete state?