Hello, everyone:
I'm trying to create a Custom Field type component, which grabs the project components.
if in JIRA I can create a custom field type version, why can't I create custom field type component?
Thanks
Components are not a custom-field type, they are a system built-in field.
You ask why there is a version-picker but no component-picker - all it would do is duplicate the functionality the component field already does, and confuse the users (Which one do you actually fill in?)
Could you explain the use-case in case I'm missing something?
Thanks. I don't even needed a Components field type
It wouldn't duplicate functionality, there is a 'project' picker field. Some might want the functionality of picking a project in the project picker field and then a component in the component picker field.
You are missing something @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/33145481/component-picker-type-custom-field for a perfectly valid use-case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.