I cloned a task and it's sub-tasks from a released version. It allowed me to change the fix version on my task, but not on the sub-tasks.
Sub-tasks inherit their version from the parent.
I was able to change the fix version on the new task, but it didn't change the fix version on the new sub-tasks.
When a fix/version of a task is changed, the fix/version of the sub-tasks are stuck and do not update. There seems to be no way to change them, so I have an old fix/version that has been released with incomplete subtasks in it.
Atlassian has said they will not fix this.
[JRASERVER-38934] Subtasks does not recognized the change of fix version of the story ticket - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.
The only workaround I've come up with is to change each subtask to a task, update the fix/version, and then convert them back to sub-tasks. This is very cumbersome if you have several to update. I hope someone has an easier workaround.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.