Confluence crashed yesterday, I could not ssh in to restart the service initially, but the IP responded to a ping. After approx 45m I was able to ssh in to the VM and restart the confluence service (sudo service confluence stop/start) and confluence came backup.
When checking the log file /var/../../atlassian-confluence.log I see an entry (see below) about 'low free disk space'. I du'd and noted 85% use, then removed some old back-up files, making 64% use. The log file still presents the 'low disk space' message this morning. Where should I be looking now to resolve this? Maybe it is a memory issue?
2020-05-01 08:52:03,883 ERROR [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [atlassian-monitor] log 2020-04-30T20:52:03.859Z Component 'Operating System' alerted 'Low free disk space' (details: {"directory":"/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home","freeInMegabytes":4969,"totalInMegabytes":14506,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})
2020-05-01 08:52:37,817 WARN [Caesium-1-1] [impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper] runJob Scheduled job LaasPerformanceLoggingJob#LaasPerformanceLoggingJob completed unsuccessfully with response JobRunnerResponse[runOutcome=ABORTED,message='LaaS performance logging is turned off']
2020-05-01 08:54:03,881 ERROR [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [confluence.alert-log] log 1588280043861 ; ERROR ; OS ; OS-1002 ; Low free disk space ; not-detected ; ; ; {"directory":"/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence","freeInMegabytes":4969,"totalInMegabytes":14506,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}
2020-05-01 08:54:03,882 ERROR [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [atlassian-monitor] log 2020-04-30T20:54:03.861Z Component 'Operating System' alerted 'Low free disk space' (details: {"directory":"/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence","freeInMegabytes":4969,"totalInMegabytes":14506,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})
2020-05-01 08:54:03,901 ERROR [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [confluence.alert-log] log 1588280043862 ; ERROR ; OS ; OS-1002 ; Low free disk space ; not-detected ; ; ; {"directory":"/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home","freeInMegabytes":4969,"totalInMegabytes":14506,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}
2020-05-01 08:54:03,902 ERROR [alert-dispatch:thread-1] [atlassian-monitor] log 2020-04-30T20:54:03.862Z Component 'Operating System' alerted 'Low free disk space' (details: {"directory":"/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home","freeInMegabytes":4969,"totalInMegabytes":14506,"minimumInMegabytes":8192}, trigger: {"pluginKey": "not-detected"})