I'm a team member on a project (actually multiple projects) where all team members get JIRA notifications on changes to all the team's JIRAs. As such, I get a lot of JIRA notification emails. I don't think that is a bad thing in and of itself. I actually want to know when activity is occurring in the JIRA queue.
The problem is I want to be able to differentiate notifications from JIRAs I am explicitly watching vs JIRAs I'm being notified on merely because I'm part of the team. This would allow me to prioritize reading and responding to such notifications.
My current system of prioritization is email rules that look for explicit mentions of my name in the notification email. This works to alert me when someone has called me out, such that I can see and reply more quickly than if I was just sifting through all the general notification messages. However, when I comment on a JIRA, I don't have a good mechanism to be alerted when someone replies. My email rules cannot differentiate the notification unless the person responding knows (or just happens) to mention my name.
If the notification email could just have a field to indicate I am a watcher, I could easily handle this. I would just explicitly mark myself a watcher on JIRAs I really care about and I would have my email rules treat notifications on those differently.
Is there an existing mechanism to do this that I may not be aware of? I presume there must be lots of people that have this same problem.