I work for the Navy and have been using Jira for about 6 years. I am a project admin, I do not have full Jira admin permissions. I use Jira to track our internal control program and limited risk assessments and the workflow associated with these annual assessments. I know this is not what the Jira platform was originally intended for, but it was better than having people email pdf forms. It has worked exceptionally well for this application.
My higher headquarters is rolling out a complex spreadsheet (because everybody in the military loves spreadsheets.) They want to use it to track risk and internal controls across a wide span of the command. These spreadsheets contain numerous drop downs, and need the ability to list multiple controls for each risk cited. Jira may not be the platform for tracking this information, but I wanted to see if anyone else had success turning a complex spreadsheet into a Jira project or am I wasting my time. 

