I've seen a few issues on the web about this, but I'm pretty sure I've ticked all the boxes regarding screens and JSON. But not sure.
I'm trying to call a transition via the REST API from PowerShell to set a status of Done for a Jira subtask. I can set the status manually via the web portal and the screen seems to be set up correctly.
When manually setting the subtask to Done, the screen has a dropdown for Resolution and Done is an available value there.
When I GET the available transitions and expand fields I can see the transition has a mandatory field resolution with a value of Done as an option. And resolution is the only mandatory field.
Here's the JSON I'm sending
{
"transition": {
"id": "31"
},
"fields": {
"resolution": {
"name": "Done"
}
}
}However when I submit the request via either Invoke-WebRequest or Invoke-RestMethod I get an error
Invoke-WebRequest : {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"resolution":"Field 'resolution' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?