Hello:
I log into Jira as Administrator. When I created a user I always concern about what he actually will be able to access. Is is possible to log as a user to see what actually can do rather than login with their real credentials?
Thank you all for answer my question. I would prefer a builtin solutions but it seems that it is not arrive yet.
yes
install the script runner plugin
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
afterwards you can use its internal function to switch
sorry i mixed up sth before so i had to edit my answer to be correct.
you will need the script runner to achieve this
Thank you. I'll check it and see.
Set up an user by your own with the desired permission / group membership. Then log in with this user.
There is also the plugin "JIRA SU" which does exactly what you're asking for.
On a side note, if you are looking at permissions for a user, this plugin will help without switching the user - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-admin-helper-plugin
Hi Alex, do it as I suggested. That does not need a plugin installation.
Cheers Udo
Thank for your answer but it is a bit annoying if I should log into using all the variety of credentials. Thank you anyway.
Doesn't fit to much the answers to my question. I do prefer a builtin funcionality in Jira or Confluence rather than insallting plugin attached to a certain versions.
Thank you anyway.
Alex, this is not possible in JIRA without a plugin
Otherwise, if you have internal user management, reset the password of the user to what ever you want and later inform the user to reset it himself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.