Hello,
I have seen documentation explaining that the fields ‘affects version’ and ‘fixed versions’ are for example:
Affects version is the version in which a bug or problem was found. Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn't used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers.
The questions I have based on the explanation of the purpose of these two fields are:
- Why are these two fields displayed in my xray test, test executions, test plans issue types, should we be using them here? e.g. if I populate fixed version with my release number, the test issue type is displayed under the release when really I would expect only requirements displayed under the release as releasable items (i.e. user story and bugs)
- Based on the answer to Q1, is it possible to not display these fields in my xray test issue type?
- Are there any other ways to track these test issue types were used for a specific version xx.xx?
Thank you