I have an Incident issue type, and this is used by multiple request types in service desk, such as "Problem with Software" and "Problem with Hardware".
If I have fields that are specific to "software" and other fields that are specific to "hardware", is there a way to display these fields only in the context of the service request they are created, given the workflow is the same, thus the screens are shared?
I know these can be filtered in the service request itself to the customer, but as an agent all fields are visible during the transitions regardless of the context, which when working through the workflow makes it messy.
Is it possible to apply some logic to say if service request = x, display screen x. If service request = y, display screen y ?
The only ways I can think to achieve this, is by'
a) creating separate "Incident" issue types for each context such as "Software Incident" and "Hardware Incident", then duplicating the Incident workflow so that I can apply different screens on different transitions.
b) having variations of the same transitions on the single workflow (eg, "Pending", "Pending <space>",, applying a different screen to the transition based on the context, then using a plugin such as scriptrunner to script a condition on each transition to only show if the relevant "service request" field is populated.
Surely there is a better way than this?