I have a custom user picker field for Tester and I want to send a notification to the person in that field when it is added for the first time or changed. Since there's no specific workflow event associated with the change (I don't want to spam them using Issue Updated) I'm wondering if there's a way to do this. I'm an administrator not a developer so I would prefer a solution that didn't involve scripting. Is it possible?
Thanks,
Kathy
Hi,
In your project notification scheme; in Issue Updated System Events; add "custom user picker field".
Look this link; it can help you.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/169599/send-an-email-notification-when-the-issue-s-status-change
You will have to write a custom listener that captures changes to the field and then notify the user. For notifying user, you can fire a custom event or send the mail directly. Firing event is usually easier.
You could create transitions (each from current step to current step) and using a screen where this field is set (remove it from the edit screen as well). Then fire in these transitions your own event and add it to your notification scheme.
And add a validator to these transitions that the field got changed. Otherwise it would make no sense.
Adding a custom listener was my first thought but I got stumped when I had to pick a Class for the listener. What class should I use?
I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. If I use the Issue Updated event, the tester will get a notification any time ANY field is updated in the issue, correct?
I have found that the amount of attention a user pays to JIRA mail is directly inverse to the amount of mail they get. I need to make sure the users only get notifications they really need.
I considered this option too but my workflow is already complex enough that I'm hoping to avoid adding any more steps.
Check this out: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Writing+JIRA+event+listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+library
I will, thanks!
Yes the first; it's correct.
If you haven't add this event in any post function of you workflow, the user receive message when the updated action in the issue tabpanel executed.
I recommend to test it.
Today I discovered there are Listeners and then there are Script Listeners. Since I wasn't getting anywhere with plain vanilla Listeners, I decided to give Script Listeners a try. I added a new one on Issue Updated with this condition:
changeItems.any {
it.get('field') == cfValues['Tester']
}
I cobbled that together from a couple of examples. Sadly it isn't working.
Does ayone know the correct syntax capture a change in a custom field?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.