I've been asked by my company to investigate if there's a way to do time-tracking in a very micromanaged way. I know Jira has built-in time tracking for individual issues, but we're looking for something a bit deeper.
We would like the ability to count the time an issue spent open and assigned to a user. For example, if one of our Customer Service reps clicks "Acknowledge" on a ticket, we imagine a timer starting from that point. When the CS rep then clicks "Resolve Issue", the timer should stop. It would also be nice to be able to have a widget that showed how long a user may have spent on tickets with a certain component.
It would seem logical that we should be able to do something like this fairly easily, but I haven't come across an add-on that grants this kind of functionality. Anyone have any ideas?