Hi everyone,
I'm new here but thankful I found such a knowledgable group as we move along our Agile journey.
We have a ...well... different situation. I am aware that what I am about to write is not pure Agile but upper management has determined this is the way we need to track and Jira Align is the tool. We have an outside vendor doing coding for us this shipping code at the end of the sprint. Our internal company test teams (multiple groups) then take the code in the next sprint to perform our functional/regression testing.
The question is how do I track this in Align?
The prevailing thought is a different user story for the vendor in sprint one. Sprint two would consist of a user story for each test team. (wow. that would be a lot of overhead just to set up)
Is there not a way to have a parent story then the ability to have children for the test teams to test against? this way the progress for the parent could be tracked in total. Separate stories just seems like overkill.
Thanks in advance. I know this is outside the box so thoughts or guidance is much appreciated.
Nathan