I wanted to add the existing custom field (Text Field (multi-line)) value into a comment in bulk. Kindly suggest a possible solution. We have a script runner plugin.
Hi @Rajiv Ranjan
Can you elaborate your requirements? do you want to copy the value from custom field on multiple issues and copy it to a comment or create a comment with that value?
If yes then what you can do is following:
1. Create a filter for those issues.
2. Loop over those issues using SR4J.
3. Use SR4J to fetch custom field values for those issues one by one in that loop.
4. Create a comment with the content from custom field.
Look at the links for 2, 3 and 4.
Ravi
Hello @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
I wanted to delete the custom field but before deleting I would like to copy the custom field value and add/create it to comment.
Each issue have their own custom field value and it should added to comment individually.
That's what I suspected but my answer above is still relevant. Let me know how it goes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.