I am on confluence version 7.2.0. I have migrated from windows server 2012 to windows server 2019.
I am starting confluence by having a windows server.
As suggested by confluence documentation, I have created a windows user called confluence, and that user id is what is used by the service to log in and run the confluence windows service.
My database is MySQL 5.7, I followed all of the Confluence MySQL recommendations for the database configuration. My MySQL confluence database used char set = uft8 and collation = utf8_bin.
For my production confluence it is at https://confluence.mysite.com, I have set the new instance (my test instance, the migration to instance) to point to https://confluencetest.mysite.com.
I have already done this same process for Jira, and my networking, host files, reverse proxy, SSL are all working for Jira (doesn't mean their couldn't be a problem here, but just wanted to point it out, and therefore maybe less likely.)
I am willing to double check or change anything. Even switch to a linux server if needed. Just got to get this up and running and move on to next project.
Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.