Is it recommended to install two database to same server? Like MySQL and PostgreSQL? To avoid that I need migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL based to Jira Server and other Atlassian Products.
Hi @Matti Kiviharju ,
in theory you can of course have several databases engine running on the same server if it's powerful enough, however the good practice is to separate these because it's easier to analyze performance issues this way.
If you want all your Atlassian products to use PostgreSQL, you can also migrate database : you can have a look at this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/switching-databases-935390865.html
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
As @Alexis Robert said separating them is ideal. I would talk to whoever does capacity management. Much depends on how active your application is along with the specs on your server. Your server may have adequate capacity to run both.
I have 4 Gb RAM and 4 Core CPU on my server and there is more than 100 unique visitors in one day.
Also I have my own made PHP based software on my server which supports only a MySQL even they works with PDO Database Adapter. And programming SQL queries one time again will make my software Database independent.
I'm not a capacity expert, but I wouldn't buy a laptop for personal use with less than 8Gb of ram. The ideal situation is to keep as much of the current data in memory and not have page faults which slows everything down.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.