Good day.
We have been on Server, by the way, and that's not changing. By the way, I have much sympathy for those I've seen on here that are frustrated with Atlassian puts out many announcements that are specific to Cloud, and almost none about Server.
I'm an end user, by the way, not a server admin.
We're staging the 7 version, and when I compare them I'm seeing remarkable little difference. I'm guessing that why my employer is upgrading has mostly to do with back-end stuff.
In terms of information out there actually from Atlassian that relates to our transition, the best I've been able to find is:
Confluence 7.0 beta release notes
and
End of Support Announcements
I think a jump from 5.x.x to 7.x.x. has been more common, but if you can speak to the transition we'll be making from an end-user point of view, please reply here. Thank you.
Pat O'Connell
Technical Writer
MindGeek Montreal
P.S. Searching community forums...so few results per page, can't change, GAAAHHH!, amirite?