Hello,
For some time Im trying to find out how to upload an image to Project/Repo/Pull Request using REST API from bitbucket server. The docs Im using is:
https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/5.16.0/bitbucket-rest.html
Im starting to lose hope and think its impossible cuz I cant find it.I have a pretty working mobile app for bitbucket now but Im stuck on creating a comment with an Image/Video/any sort of attachment.So tell me dear community, is it possible? And if so, how?
Hi @Pastajello ,
The attachment REST API became publically available in version 7.0:
https://docs.atlassian.com/bitbucket-server/rest/7.1.2/bitbucket-rest.html#idp192
All the best,
Kristy
Hi Kristy and thanks for the answer!
So it seems that its impossible for any older versions of bb server to save attachment by REST, thats somewhat a sad news.
But nevertheless I checked the doc You provided and see that it still lacks the POST in this endpoint. That way I still cant add a screenshot(or anything really) to PR comment.
Cant do a lot with DELETE and GET ;\
"http://example.com/rest/api/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/attachments
its endpoints.
[Sorry, didnt see doubled message]
@Kristy
From my tweaking it seems that attachments endpoint is available also available on the BB Server in 6.10 version. But I dont see it in documentation.
It DOES have a POST but I cant figure out the way that my request should be formed for it to accept my file.
When I send POST on :
<baseUrl>/projects/<projName>/repos/<repoSlug>/attachments
I get
<body> <h1>HTTP Status 415 – Unsupported Media Type</h1> <hr class="line" /> <p><b>Type</b> Status Report</p> <p><b>Description</b> The origin server is refusing to service the request because the payload is in a format not supported by this method on the target resource.</p> <hr class="line" /></body>
but when I use GET it says that the method is not supported indicating that SOMETHING is out there
Could You please help me find out how to make a successful POST to this hidden endpoint?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.