Hi,
I tried to add in the "To" field of the customer notifications the "Added Participants" as it's written in the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver0316/managing-service-desk-notifications-961789275.html) .But I can't add anything else than Reporter or Customers involved. We reproduced the same problem in a different Jira instances with a different version, the first one is Version 3.16.9 the other one is 4.1. so it can't be a problem of the versions.
What if you only want notifications to go to specific people and not the whole organization, i.e. you want an organization to still see and search for the ticket in the portal, but only want the participants to get the email? Is there no way to accomplish this without sending an email to an entire organization?
I believe "Added Participants" only works with the "Participant Added" notification. What notification are you trying to add them to?
To all Servicedesk customer notification, especially create and commets.
If I understand it correctly in the documentations it should be possible to add these address antes:Reporter (customer): The reporter of the request.
This notification is sent even if the reporter has opted out of receiving notifications on the customer portal.
Customers involvedAll customers involved on the request, including the reporter and request participants.
This notification is not sent to customers if they have turned off notifications for an individual request in the portal or a request's email thread.
Added participants The people who have been added as request participants.Added organizations The people in an organization that the request has been shared with.Approvers The people who need to approve or decline a request.Exclude person who caused the action Prevents the person who triggered the rule from receiving a notification. For example, if a customer adds a comment to a request, you can choose to exclude them so they don't receive a notification about their own comment.
I can only add reporter or customers involved
Once they have been added, then they are included in Customers involved in any further notifications. That's why its only valid for the participants added notification.
(the reason it is in that one is so that you can chose if you want existing request participants get notified that someone was added or not. )
Sorry but I still don't understand why I can't change the To from Customers Invovled to Added participants.
I believe that's the whole point of Organizations in Jira. All members of the same organization can see each others ticket. But only Request participants get notified.
The exception is if you use the "organization added" notification. That will email all members of the organization once, so they can choose to add themselves as request participants if they want further updates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.