is it normal for confluence to report estimated time to complete 40 weeks and still counting after 3 days of importing a backup and still only being at 1%. Is there another way to import data?
Hi David,No, I believe this can be shown due the lack of resources of your environment. I would highly suggest you to increase the JAVA memory that way Confluence will have more memory to work on it. First you'll shutdown Confluence, and then update the values there. I highly suggest that you set your Confluence to have 4gigs of memory.
Here are the steps to do such:To increase the JVM memory, here are the steps:Linux:# From <confluence-install>/bin (Stand-alone) or <Tomcat-home>/bin (EAR-WAR installation), open setenv.sh (you can create this file in the EAR/WAR version).# Find the section JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m ...# See Diagnosis above and enter the appropriate values. Xmx is maximum, Xms is minimum, and MaxPermSize is PermGen.Windows:# From <confluence-install>/bin (Stand-alone) or <Tomcat-home>/bin (EAR-WAR installation), open setenv.bat.# Find the section set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m# See Diagnosis above and enter the appropriate values. Xmx is maximum, Xms is minimum, and MaxPermSize is PermGen.Running Confluence as a Service:* You can scroll down to Windows Service sectionFor more information, you can refer to this documentation: How to Fix Out of Memory Errors by Increasing Available Memory.Cheers,WZ
My current setting are "-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+UseG1GC". what would you recommend I change them to.
Hi David, I would say Xms4098m -Xmx4098m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m without -XX:+UseG1GCCheers,
WZ
My current setting are "-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+UseG1GC". And now it stops at 9 % oh and I have to consistently move my mouse around and stay in the browser window where the import is running. Can you please assist me.
Also this is a virtual server does that matter?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.