I've recently moved JIRA to a different server and during my first attempt to upgrade JIRA, it is unable to check for modifications to local files. I'm upgrading JIRA from 5.1.4 to 5.2.5. I'm assuming this has to be some sort of permissions issue on the server, but can't figure out where. The server is Linux and I'm running the bin installer to upgrade JIRA. Below is the portion of output from the installer that tells me it is unable to check for local modifications. Does anyone know how to get it so the installer is able to check for local modifications?
If you have many attachments in your JIRA Home Directory, the zip archive of
this directory may consume a significant amount of disk space.
Back up JIRA home directory?
Yes [y], No [n, Enter]
n
Checking for local modifications.
Unable to check for modifications.
Checking if your instance of JIRA is running
Upgrade Check List
Back up your external database
We strongly recommend you back up your JIRA database if you have not already
done so.