I was curious if anyone knows of a standalone application that would allow me to compose text using the WIKI syntax of JIRA:
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all
Or, is there an NPM module that will format JIRA's WIKI syntax in order to preview it?
I'm thinking something that's like:
https://macdown.uranusjr.com/
Not that I know of. The REST API for retrieving issues and their fields does have a way to get the rendered value of the field.
renderedIssue = jira.issue('TEST-17', expand='renderedFields') print renderedIssue.renderedFields.description
renderedIssue = jira.issue(
'TEST-17'
, expand=
'renderedFields'
)
print renderedIssue.renderedFields.description
Interesting!
I guess I'm curious if the rendering code is open source, or just common WIKI syntax rendering? Or, does JIRA use a customized rendering engine?
I like how GitHub outlines how it handles documents here: https://github.com/github/markup#markups
Does JIRA/Atlassian have a similar repo that outlines its document rendering codebase?
Thanks a bunch!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.