I was wondering if there is a way to have a form on Confluence, which on submit would run a shell script in the background and also send an email to us.
Best option is to create your own plugin for this specific need (shell script exec).
But if you can wrap your shell script into a callable web service or something like that then you can use our plugin for building forms - ConfiForms
You can set it up to send emails, call webservices, create Jira issues and a lot more. We dont have support for running shell scripts (on the Confluence server) as it might easily lead to security breaches.
Thank you for your prompt response and that suggestion! We are strongly considering using ConfiForms. I wasn't able to find an array of options available after form submit - could you point me to the right documentation?
Not sure I totally understand your question, but probably it is related to the actions you can perform on form submission...
Here is the list
https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions
For example, this tutorial shows you how to send an email with ConfiForms app from Confluence - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+embedded+form+with+ConfiForms+to+send+emails+directly+from+Confluence
Thank you! I have another question though - not sure if i should create a separate issue for this - but I did get ConfiForms and created a form, but once i publish the page, I don't really see the form as such. Could you help me out? I need to be able to share this form with anonymous users (for them to be able to fill them out, and not see the data filled out). This is what i see:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.