What are the steps to enable https on a docker container from the docker registry?
Specifically I want to:
- use docker to run jira so I can destroy it easily when I'm done testing
- create a self-signed localhost certificate
- use that certificate on my tomcat instance in the docker container
- to test things locally on my machine to oauth to localhost
- on a website that I am running on localhost which makes callbacks tricky when the oauth server is supposed to call back to my server
My end-goal is to write software that authenticates my user via OAuth (1.0a because that's what's supported) and I can't show my POC before I can get permission to host it on a named server and connect it to our Jira datacenter instance.
Right now, the instance is not HTTPS so Jira says I can't turn on any settings around OAuth unless I fundamentally misunderstand how Jira should be configured.
Additionally, our Jira instance in prod and even development are both HTTPS so I want to match my target instance as best I can.
I have tried multiple "tutorials" online that appear to apply to older versions of Jira, and that reference values that no longer exist.
I have generated an openssl cert with a localhost subject, I have created a pkcs12, and a jks, and have added those configs to the server.xml, and when I restart I continue to only get 8080 export even tho the server config doesn't have an 8080 in the entire file. The server runs on 8080 as evidenced by internal-docker-container running curl shows it working on 8080 and not 8433 as configured.
Is there an up-to-date as of March or April 2020 tutorial that shows step-by-step how to do this? Or is there a docker image (community supported is fine, I only want to test against jira auth, nothing else really comes to mind right now) that does HTTPS by default? Or is there a better way to do what I want to do to test an OAuth workflow that will closely mimic my internal company workflow?