I know this has been asked before but the threads are old and the solutions do not appear to work with current Jira. My goal is simple - I need a JQL filter that shows all the plan items (Stories, Bugs, and Chores) that do not have any Subtasks. JIRA version is 6.4.3 with JIRA Agile 6.7.2. I am not permitted to install any plugins (such as "JQL Tricks").
In theory " hasSubtasks()" has been native in JIRA for some time, but does not appear to work. Perhaps I am using it wrong? I tried "issue not in hasSubtasks()" as well as "not (issue in hasSubtasks())" and I still get issues with subtasks. Weird thing is "issue not in hasSubtasks()" shows items that have subtasks while "issue in hasSubtasks()" shows nothing. Not one single item. And I know I have some issues with subtasks because they show when I add "not"
. Here is the full filter I am experimenting with:
issuetype in (story, chore, bug) AND Sprint in openSprints() AND status != Closed AND issue not in hasSubtasks()