I have x number of Confluence users and y number of Sharepoint users. There are more Sharepoint users than Confluence users. I'd like to use Sharepoint Connector just to embed Confluence content in Sharepoint so that anyone logged into Sharepoint can see the content (but not modify it). How many user licenses will I need: x or y?
How do you plan to embedded Confluence content into Sharepoint?
I haven't read up on the technical details of how it's done. The macro page does state that it enables "bi-directional content embedding," though. I'd just like to enable people to view formal documentation from Sharepoint even if they are not Confluence users.
Well as long as Confluence is configure to allow anon viewing, then any content that is imported into Confluence via a connector would be visible. Basically, the connector retrieves and displays the content on the page. View rights to that page are set within Confluence.
Oh, we do want to restrict viewing rights. The idea is that those who have a Confluence login can view/edit Confluence pages. Those using SharePoint can view but not edit. People who don't have SharePoint or Confluence logins should have no access at all. Is that possible?
Yes, that is what I am saying, The group of users who are SharePoint authorized but not Confluence users can view pages as anonymous (no login), but you need to enable view rights for anonymous users. You can allow anonymous users to add comments to Confluence pages, but then you have no idea who made a comment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.