My company is evaluating JIRA. I have used it in the past as a user, but never an admin. I am just evaluating it at the moment but have some questions on how to set it up. So here is my scenario.
We have different programs that we want to use this. So for that I know each program would be a project. So I create the projects, say ProgramA, ProgramB, and ProgramC. So I got that far. I am confused as how to set up users and groups and project roles.
Here is my situation.
Each program will have an Admin, Program Manager, and users, maybe a few others. Would these be the project roles?
So say I have UserA. He is a user for ProgramA. I want it so he can only see ProgramA items. UserB is a Program Manager on ProgramA and ProgramB, so he should see both. UserC is a user on ProgramC only.
How do I set this up. I am confused about the groups/roles/etc. Every program will have the same tasks. Also, how do I set up permissions for each group, do I do that by the project roles? Example, users can only create issues, but program managers can create issues, close issues, etc. Admins can do everything.
Please help. Thank you