I have a new contractor starting this week. They are to have access to only 1 project in JIRA.
The issue, is that they are seeing 4 other projects in addition to the one I want them to see. I can't seem to figure out why this is. We have a lot of JIRA projects, so I'm finding it odd that there are 4 oddities showing up. For troubleshooting sake, we'll just look at one oddball project (if I get this sorted, I think I can figure out the rest!).
The user is a member of 1 group: ext-project-only
The group has the following global permissions: Browse Users
The group has the following application access: JIRA service desk, JIRA software, JIRA Core
The project I don't want the user to see (we'll call it OOPS), has limited access already. The users, developers, admin roles have limited membership of individuals only (like 5 people). There are no groups being added to a role in the OOPS project.
The OOPS project it's own permission scheme. It too is fairly locked down. All permissions are granted to either users, developers or administrator roles. EXCEPT for one custom field value., "EE Manager" which is a user-picker field. EE Manager is included in the "Browse Projects" permission scheme.
When using the permission helper, the status for the user states "user does not have the "browse projects" permission. There is also a red X status for the Project role (user is not a member of any of these project roles), and a red X for the User Custom Field Value (user is not listed in the EE Manager Field).
However, the summary section shows a green checkmark status for "JIRA service desk does not override this permission." My understanding is that JIRA service desk application permissions do not override the "browse projects" permissions (which are showing as a red X/No).
Why do you think the user is able to browse to the project? Note, they can't see any issues within the project (phew), but I'd like to make the entire project not appear on the list.
Thanks! I'm stumped and probably have looking disease from trying to figure this out today!