Our Jira instance is integrated with Crowd. The Crowd "Jira" app has been configured with a directory and the 3 default groups `jira-users`, `jira-administrators` and `jira-developers` set for "who can authenticate".
I have observed that users who do not belong to these default groups are also synchronized to Jira (however they can't login as expected). Jira users can tag these users, add them to permissions etc.
My question is, do these users who do not belong to the Jira default groups count towards Jira licensing? I imagine not considering they have not been explicitly added to the default app groups but are synced as part of the directory synchronisation process. If so, are users who can only "authenticate" counted towards license?
I have observed this in Confluence as well.
Summary of questions:
- Users who do not belong to the default app groups are still synchronised to Jira from Crowd?
If above is true:
- These users can be referenced by others users to tag, add them to permissions etc.?
- These users are not counted towards the license?