I'd like to install confluence behind the nginx with ssl support, so my scheme is:
user -> nginx (https) -> tomcat (http)
Could you please show me correct nginx and tomcat configs for this purpose.
Thanks.
Hi Frankie,
in order to do that you need to perform the following operation :
- Set Confluence context path
Edit the following file <CONFLUENCE_INST_FOLDER>/conf/server.xml, locate "Context" and add the context path (eg ... path="/confluence" ...)
- Set the proxy to the Connector
Edit the following file <CONFLUENCE_INST_FOLDER>/conf/server.xml, and add your proxy
<Connector port=
"8090"
maxHttpHeaderSize=
"8192"
maxThreads=
"150"
minSpareThreads=
"25"
maxSpareThreads=
"75"
enableLookups=
"false"
redirectPort=
"8443"
acceptCount=
"100"
connectionTimeout=
"20000"
disableUploadTimeout=
"true"
proxyName=
"www.example.com"
proxyPort=
"80"
/>
Also, i have the same bug as in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28564, does it related to correct tomcat/nginx configuration ?
proxy name and proxy port should be setup based on your nginx configuration.
proxyName=""www.example.com" proxyPort="443"
where www.example.comis the URL configured in your NGINX
Remember that after updating server.xml you need to restart confluence
Hi @Fabio,
I have followed your instructions, but I recieve a 400 Error from NGINX stating that "The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port".
Has anyone gotten this to work?
thanks
Hi Kenric, I have Nginx set up in front of one of my Confluence instances to terminate SSL and it's working beautifully. Do you have any specific questions regarding setting it up?
I am running in the same issue. Did you solved the problem?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.