I'm attempting to use the post functions to populate fields in a subtask. I have several that are working fine (epic link and sprint) but I have three (components/labels and fixed version) that will not inherit. Any ideas on why?
Hi Renee,
How are you managing the inheritance? Are you using an app for this? If yes - which one?
The fields you've mentioned are a little special and may require a specific technique or method of writing in order to inherit them.
BR, Tanya
I'm using post functions on the create transition on a sub-task to pull in the fields from the parent task. I have the JMWE add-on - where I make the selections below for each field I want to pull into the sub-task screen. For some reason epic link and sprint work fine. Component/s, Fix Version and Labels do not.
May I know which version of JMWE are you using? Can you activate Error logging (you will be notified of errors immediately) in one of the post-functions, save it, publish the workflow and retry.
Regards,
Radhika
Our version is 6.2.4 I'll see about error logging.
Hi, Renee.
As an alternative, you may install JSU that does not require any coding.
Post functions will operate after the create screen. There you can copy other fields to the sub-task. But be careful about the sequence. Read more about this in the documentation: https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSU/Workflow+Post-Functions
I would like to use the plugin we have.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.